13.11.12

Innovation Creativity and Leadership Talk - City University November 7th 2012

ICL Talk - City University.
Last Wednesday I had the pleasure of being invited along to City University by Billie Kell of Ki Resolutions (www.ki-resolutions.com) to chat to members of the public about my life since graduating from Central Saint Martins and my career so far, focusing particularly on the making of the current Christmas windows scheme I've just helped install for Selfridges. 
With just over one hundred people in attendance, I was quite surprised at the large turnout - though this might be due in part to the surprise advert on the Time Out London blog!
During the talk I showed footage from a short film I've been working on over the last few months, with particular emphasis on the inspirational role my parents have had on my day to day life.
The talk was pretty successful and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and get something from it. This was about as close to a private view and drinks reception I think I've ever had - and it was lovely!
 I was particularly surprised by the demographic of people who came along - there was proper variety. I really want to thank Billie for contacting me in the first place, Becki for putting my name forward, City University for having me and organising such a fantastic networking platform and to the whole audience who took the time to come and listen to me and watch my work.
The ICL talks are taking place every month. Just keep your eyes peeled on the ICL site on City online for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment