6.8.12

THE TATE MODERN

On Saturday, mother and father fancied a trip to London. After coming across the Tino Sehgal performance piece in the Tate Modern's Turbine Hall the previous day with Hannah, I thought it would be good for them to experience the same installation, so down to the Tate we went.
My parents have become unlikely connoisseurs of performance art ever since I forced them to partake in various university projects (see UNIT 14 label), however, even they were more than a little taken aback by the forthrightness and prowess of the performers in the Turbine Hall on Saturday morning. I'm not entirely sure what they made of the 'strangers' recounting tales of life changing experiences to them, but they seemed quite happy to chat back to them. I couldn't get them to join in with the mass chanting though.
After a quick swirl around the Tanks (my new favourite thing) we went along to the Damien Hirst exhibition. Nobody warned me about the live butterfly room (which was amazing) - they all descended upon me in my bright yellow mac like I was some giant sun flower.
Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Hello James, I was one of the participants in the Tino Sehgal piece at the Tate Modern. I was interested to read your blog comments about it and see your very good photo. I was wondering if you have any more photos of the piece, not for publication or anything, just for us participants to see. If you do, I'd be very grateful if you would drop me an email. Best regards, Viv Broughton
    vivbroughton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete