12.12.11

DECEMBER - An Update With Love

Faithful Reader! It's been an age since I last updated - this month has been busybusy, though January is going to be even more full on (more of that later....) Firstly, here's another interview I gave to 'Round and About' magazine about the Selfridges Christmas windows. This free magazine is posted through every letterbox in Surrey and Hampshire, so I like to think I'm being read about on every toilet across the South East. Good times. The twin and I hit Cardiff a few weeks back, which was both exciting for wind related scary times on the Severn Bridge and for seeing THE VENUE for next years THE WEDDING. Yes, its coming. 2012. And I'm decorating it. More of that soon. Anyway, what else? Carmen and I went on this contraption in the adult park at Brick Lane on Sunday: It was very fun. She wore her green coat, I wore my new blue coat: This has been bought for January's excursion. Oh yes. 2012 begins with TRAVEL. Anyway, at work last Thursday, we spent the day comp shopping, taking in the window displays of every other department store in London and howling, gasping and gushing in equal measure. We loved the Fortnum windows. We took a bit of time out to eat every sweet on offer in the Dover Street Market cafe (all delicious - the crumble was the best though) Then we took in the 'IN YOUR FACE' exhibition at SHOWstudio, where I got to see this Gareth Pugh creation up close for the first time (its amazing etc.) Then, another brief visit to the Pipilotti Rist exhibition was in order: See post below. Then, to Vyner Street for a private view hosted by The John Hour - Raven Smith, Emma Gibson and Emily Pugh's arts collective. You can catch Emily's beautiful swarm of Cranes floating around the Selfridges Wonder Room at the moment, but have a monkey she'd made for the exhibition here: Tuesday was spent getting very excited about the Christmas party, where there was a very flattering photobooth: Wednesday, was hangover day, and a chance for us to put up and decorate some Christmas Trees for Aston Martin at various showrooms over London: Then this weekend ended with another photoshoot collaboration with MISS POPPY FRENCH. This time a milliner let us loose with their collection. Boobs and jellies were involved. Should be good: On the way back home through Deptford, I saw this painting on the wall of a newsagents: I was astounded at the similarities between this and the Menswear scheme I've co designed for next March's Selfridges windows (more on this soon - EXCITING!) Good lord - what a load of whitter. Where was I? So January, its going to be exciting. I'm going somewhere on a plane. And its going to be cold. And its going to be amazing. OMG. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment