18.9.11

London Fashion Week SS12 Day 3: Fashion East Marques' Almeida

Faithful Reader! This evening I am mostly knackered after a bizarre day of fashioning. On my way into Somerset House this morning, I got packed off into a car with stylist Anna Trevelyan - she of Gaga and Jessie J styling fame. I worked with Anna a while back on a fashion film for Sorcha O'Raghallaigh, so it was nice to have a catchup at last! Our first port of call was the Fashion East womenswear show. We arrived at the Haunch of Venison gallery space [the amazing venue for the show] with two minutes to spare - full to the brim with editors, BFC, Fashion Easters and stylists. This felt like a very special show to be at. Kick starting proceedings was design duo Marques' Almeida with a denim based collection reinterpreting the way the material is worn. Confidently zeitgeisty. I didn't get the styling choices with the sunglasses though.

No comments:

Post a Comment