17.9.11

London Fashion Week SS12 Day 2: Presentation Craig Lawrence

Faithful Reader! I'm just back from a rainy afternoon at Somerset House where I've finished narrating [for the second season in a row] Craig Lawrence's SS12 presentation in the Portico Rooms, styled by Katie Shillingford. After the immense success of last seasons collection, the weight of expectation was almost unbearably intense before the first of two salon presentations began this afternoon.
To say that it felt like a reading test in front of 100 judging eyes would have been an understatement. The space was full, hot and seriously intense - and then it started, and with each of the 18 looks making their way down the catwalk, the crowd collectively relaxed in contemplation of this seriously fine collection. Lots of important people were present, and both presentations went without a hitch. I'll post better photos of Craig's beautiful collection later, but for now here's a couple I've nabbed off Fred Butler's blog which clearly shows me in full narration mode [in the bottom left of the image!]
I've said it before after the last seasons presentation, but when will Radio 4 come knocking!? iD described the presentation on Twitter as storytelling with Craig Lawrence, whilst Melanie Rickey of Grazia said that I had a 'camp and descriptive voice'!
Gay Jackanory anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment