16.9.11

London Fashion Week SS12 Day 1: Headonism Piers Atkinson

Once again, Faithful Reader, London Fashion Week has descended. I've got more tickets for shows than I've ever had, thanks to the particularly prestigious position that I've found myself in of late. Today was a nice easy start - this afternoon I took in the Headonism exhibition at Somerset House, a celebration of millinery talent curated by the fantastic Stephen Jones. Once again, Piers Atkinson was showing his brand new season. Entitled Hot Voodoo, this collection is best summed up by the name of one of his new hats - Tropicana Apocalytica....These new pieces celebrate 'the simple beauty of hue and luminescence under the spot light.' A very exciting collection, with a fantastic look book photographed by Thomas Cooksey, styled by Kim Howells with set design by Alun Davies. So, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment