20.8.11

WHITE WATER RAFTING

Yes, Faithful Reader, the whispers and rumours were true. Last week I went White Water Rafting in North London on an olympic track for a work team day out. Holy Mother Of God. I have never been more scared and excited. I thought we were going on a boat trip. Instead, we arrive, strip, change into wetsuits and helmets, chuck ourselves backwards into the waves to practise saving ourselves and then spend an hour dicing with death on the rapids - it was bloody mental, but completely amazing. I looked as ridiculous in a wetsuit as I used to in a leotard - but never mind.
The best bit was when we capsized the raft - Sweet Jesus - that was scary. I thought I had better get pictorial evidence that I actually did this because no one would believe me.
Afterwards, we all went for a Chinese to simmer down. My goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment