24.8.11

Selfridges: The Yellow Scheme

Faithful Reader! I am nocturnal! In fact, I'm now an owl! I'm currently working nights again, and it's 07:37am as I type. I've been home from work for about an hour but can't sleep yet so thought I'd blog about what I've been up to for the last 4 nights (one night left). Unusually, the Duke Street windows for Selfridges are thematically different from the Oxford Street run, and have launched a day early. Sort of entitled 'The Yellow Scheme' they consist of a series of movement based scenarios with balloons and exercise equipment. They look pretty simple, but up close they are well complicated. I like them a lot - nice pastel back drops and simple central focal points. These pictures were taken at about 5am this morning, so excuse the rubbish lighting and the dirty glass (which was in the process of being cleaned!).
Check back tomorrow for a further update - a massive one actually. Tomorrow sees the launch of something very special along the Oxford Street windows...

Also, H&M have just opened a new concession in store (they were sweeping the new bit as I left!) and to coincide with this momentous occasion, the H&M team have designed and installed two of their own windows (in keeping with The Yellow Scheme). Actually, you can see the different approaches to window design and production when you compare these with the windows on Duke Street.
Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment