20.9.10

ZARA GORMAN There were so many exhibitions at LFW this year that it was probably impossible to see everything - but I was really pleased to discover the works of Zara Gorman - a recent MA gradute from the Royal College of Art, who was not only exceptionally talented, but also really lovely and spoke to me and Ash at great length! She was exhibiting her gradute collection at the 'On/Off' venue. Her collection couldn't have been any more different to the hats I was working on with Piers over the summer - chunky, symmetrical, brutish, stark and sharp - her head pieces were miniature sculptures. They reminded me of segments of dark chocolate. I came across Zara's hats recently in a shoot for Another Magazine (Styled by Ben Thomas). Check out Zara's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment