20.9.10

NEW GEN NewGen was a scheme created to support emerging new talent, so I went along and had a gander at the NewGen exhibition which is on show during LFW at Somerset House. I caught up with the jewellery designer, Dominic Jones, who I recently helped out with on a window display at Machine-A in Soho. Jones' had collaborated with the sculptor James Balmforth to create two totemic looking white monoliths which stood proudly in the middle of Jone's exhibition space. Dominic's new collection was fierce. As I walked through the exhibition, I came across this amazing piece of jewellery design by Fannie Schiavoni. This suit of armour stood proudly amogst a web of chainlink in the centre of her exhibition. Finally, Christopher Raeburn had turned part of his space into a mini workshop, where he had people machine stitching these fabric bunnies together! Lovely!

1 comment: