26.4.10

DOCUMENTARY

video

Hannah and I are documentary making, as well as all the other stuff we are doing. This is the more important part of the project, and this investigation is the definitive record of the stuff we have trying to be doing with this project. We want to distill an individual's performative quality: i.e, what is it about each one of us that makes us interesting as a performer. There's got to be one thing at least. And one of the ways we've done that is to get people from all backgrounds, with varying abilities, different ages, different races to each perform some of the routines we've choreographed. We're looking at how form remains constant where style is an entirely transient phenomenon. We aren't really sure where all this is going, but hopefully the documentary will bring it altogether. We've done a hell of a lot of research, analysis and experimentation with this project. Now we are inflicting our practise/methods unto others. Here are some grabs from the documentary: This is my twin sister, Miriam, doing the BEETLE in our living room. She's got quite gangly arms and a slighlty bent back (though not as bent as Poppy's BEETLE - that was wonky.) Miriam is (faithful readers will know) going to be our test subject who we follow all the way through to her performing at the Cochrane with us:

This is my MOTHER and FATHER doing the routine in their kitchen. They've got some good AERIAL action going on.

My MOTHER was quite disappointed with her BEETLE first time round that she got me film her doing it again.....

This is MOTHER and Miriam rehearsing the routine in the kitchen:

Again, this footage is priceless. I don't think I've ever laughed quite so much in all my life. Here are some interview stills [MOTHER wears a particularly nice pink top]:

And some nice Body Painting stills:

1 comment:

  1. I like to think I have still been your most bent and uneven beetle.

    ReplyDelete