13.4.10

C O N S T R U C T I O N
So, what with the degree show looming as well as The Future [It lays in this direction, don't you know!] it's time to get serious, time to showcase, time to sell oneself - it's time to get MAKING. For the degree show, I'm remaking one of my costumes from a second year project, 'Design for Dance' - the Satellite dish outfit. My aim is to create an adornment which, as well as being a piece of costume, can translate into other mediums - fashion shoots, window displays and the like. I'm following the same rough pattern, and using similar construction techniques and materials as before - but the idea is to make it CHUNKIER and of a much higher quality if it is to be displayed at the degree show.I've decided to remake the costumes in black as opposed to white, built around a simple black unitard. Below is my updated design drawing - on the back of an envelope no less, and in biro - couture. Borrovicks in Soho is where I sourced the plastic material I use to create the quilting. Its nice in there, but a little expensive. So at the moment, I'm furiously cutting patterns, drawing squares and worrying about shoulder pads. If it's good enough, maybe I'll wear it out like I did with the last version (to Nuke them All at Images in East London of all places). Fun times. It was a bugger to smoke in.

No comments:

Post a Comment